All of you have noticed it is not possible to sync your BlackBerry handhelds with your Mac after upgrading to iCloud anymore.
First thing you may need to consider, Apple will not provide with a solution to this problem, why? Because they actually prefer you to buy an iPhone,
Second thing to know, BlackBerry will not provide with a solution (unless they release a new version of their BlackBerry Desktop Software) because this problem is caused by a third party application.
Well, here is a workaround provided by MacAmour in order to sync your devices anyway.
Just follow these four steps:
- Open your System Preferences panel and go to iCloud:
- Disable Address Book and iCal sync by unselecting them
- Start BlackBerry Desktop Software and you’ll notice it is possible to sync your BlackBerry with address book and iCal again
- Don’t forget to re-enable the services your disabled in step 2.
If the BlackBerry Desktop Software is unable to detect the BlackBerry smartphone when the Mac computer is booted into Mac OS X 10.6 64-bit mode then, the solution would be to restart Mac OS X and boot into 32-bit mode for the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to successfully detect the BlackBerry smartphone.
Note: If Mac OS X boots using the 64-bit kernel by default, you can start up with the 32-bit kernel by holding the 3 and 2 keys during startup.
To determine if the system is running in 64-bit, perform one of the following steps:
- Open System Profiler.
- Under Contents, highlight Software.
- Reference the System Software Overview.
- If 64-bit Kernel and Extensions is set to Yes, then 64-bit mode is enabled.
What you’ll need:
A Mac of course an Intel Mac indeed;
The OS build you’re going to install onto your handheld;
X11 must be installed on your Mac;
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you brick your phone, as with all leaked/official but not your carrier OS versions, continue at your own risk
The tutorial starts just after the jump.
Read the rest of this entry »
Here is a selection of 30 of our favorite wallpapers for your BlackBerry handheld.
Hope you’ll like them as much as we do.