When you assign an Apple ID to your user account, you have to verify it’s properly linked.
You can do so, by following these steps:
- You can do so by going to the users & groups pref pane ;
- Unlock it and right click on your user account ;
- You should see “additional options” then. Go for it ;
- Now take a look to the “Aliases” Section. You should see the mail adress of your linked Apple ID there. Right below there should follow a line, starting with “com.apple.idms.appleid….”. This seems to be some kind of Unique ID of your Apple ID.
- If this entry is present, your Apple ID is correctly linked to your account. If there is only the mail adress, the linking was not successfull. In this case, make sure you have Internet connection. This is important, because the information of the Apple ID must be taken from Apple’s servers (if you link the Apple ID without Internet Connection, it will not work at all) ;
- After you have ensured a working internet connection, remove and reassign the Apple ID to your account.
But only for file sharing.
Screen Sharing seems not to work this way at the moment.
Posted in dotmac & MobileMe, Lion